Causes of Back Pain
There are several different causes for back pain.
• Lower muscle strain-the most common reason for lumbar or lower dorsalgia. Usually the situation resolves itself in a few weeks.
• Ruptured Disc-the tissue between each vertebra can develop a tear causing a ruptured disc
• Spondylolisthesis-slipping vertebra can cause severe back pain.
• Discogenic Dorsalgia-back pain caused by strain or damage to the disc but it does not go as far as a rupture.
• Arthritis of the lower spine-arthritis can effect the smaller joints in the spine causing pain with movement.
• Osteoporosis-vertebral fractures due to weakened bone can be the cause of back pain.
• Spinal Stenosis-the spinal canal can narrow or become tight causing pain.